“My flowers came out exactly how I had envisioned them! They were so beautiful. It was a pleasure to work with Bella Flowers – Since they are a smaller shop, I felt like we got a lot of individual attention. You can tell they pay attention to detail! Christina shared her story with us about how she began her business. It’s so nice to work with someone who truly loves what they do, and her work clearly reflects that this isn’t just a job, but a passion.”
Kevin and Liana celebrated their love last April at Long Island’s Vineyard Caterers. Kevin met his beautiful bride in high school and they’ve been inseparable ever since. Their love story is so very sweet. Be sure to read about it below.
The flowers Liana envisioned and had us create for their special day were quite beautiful. Her bridal bouquet was made of soft pink and cream-colored Garden Roses. Kevin’s boutonniere was a single pink rose, while the groomsmen’s were cream-colored roses.
– Photos by Helen Brohan of ADA Photography
- How did you meet? Kevin and I went to high school together, we first met when we were 16. Kevin came to watch my gymnastics practice, and the rest is history! We dated through college, spending time between RPI and UConn, and eventually we returned to LI.
- Where did you go on your first date? Our first official date was at Café La Strada, a family owned Italian restaurant in our hometown of Hauppauge. We sat at a table for 2 in the window. It was very romantic and I’ll never forget it.
- When did Kevin propose? Kevin proposed for our 5 year anniversary at Robert Moses Field 5. The beach is one of my favorite places on Long Island. I thought we were going out for dinner, but Kevin prepared a surprise picnic dinner on the beach. He recreated the first meal he had ever cooked for me and, after dinner, he pulled out the ring for “dessert” during a gorgeous sunset! (So sweet!)
- If there is one thing you know you’ll never forget about your wedding day, what would it be? I will never forget how happy I was to marry my best friend! I was so worried I would cry throughout the entire ceremony, but I actually didn’t shed a tear, I grinned the entire time! Afterwards, so many people came up to me to tell me that I was just glowing, which is so corny but exactly how I felt!
- Is there something you would do differently that you can share with other couples? We planned an after party, which many of our guests enjoyed, but I was too exhausted by the end of the night to continue the party. Looking back, I feel like it wasn’t necessary, it was more work for me than fun.
- Where did you go for your honeymoon? We spent 8 days in Riviera Maya, Mexico. The weather was amazing, and we really enjoyed the convenience of staying at an all inclusive resort.
Bella Flowers would love to help you create your personal vision of beautiful wedding flower arrangements for your special day. Please give us a call.