beautiful wedding flowers, bridal bouquet, Flowerfield, long island wedding florist, modern day romance, North Island Photography, trendy wedding, wedding bouquet, wedding floral arrangements, wedding flower arrangements, wedding table centerpieces
Laura and Guy were married in November of last year at Flowerfield, St. James. North Island Photography captured their beautiful wedding (and the flowers!) perfectly. Laura was a stunning bride, and her choice in wedding floral arrangements was quite striking. She was kind enough to share their sweet modern day romance below.
- How did you meet? – We met on Match.com, so it’s more of a modern day romance. The first thing he said to me was: “Congratulations! You’re my first cyber connection!” I said: “Great, you never forget your first!” He complimented me, but I was suspicious. I know men can go crazy on the sight, so I was sassy from the beginning. I just thought ‘I might as well have fun with it!’, and I was sort of leaving the door open for him to chit chat and explore. He ended up living 5 blocks away from me, but he was in New Mexico for a month visiting family. We chit chatted back and forth for awhile, sent photos to each other and then started having long phone conversations. It was fun! When Guy came home, we decided to meet. It was a bit scary.. December 14th was the big date… at Rosa Mexicana. Naturally, I was late. My hair wasn’t cooperating due to weather challenges. I’d also had a disastrous date with another man off the sight, so, being a bit hesitant, we both decided to date regularly for awhile. Many of our friends who did this found it successful in helping them to find their compatible soulmate. We got along well, so we moved in AFTER I asked my dad, of course. 🙂
- When did you know he was the One? It just sort of evolved, and before we knew it, we were old friends.
- Is there something special that you have always remembered about your wedding day? – We were married at Flowerfield in St James. The staff at Flowerfield was beyond exceptional. It was really beautiful! I walked over a bridge during the ceremony and we were married under a palm tree. Even though over 170 people attended, it seemed like just Guy and I were there.
- If there was one piece of advice you could give younger couples to help them have a long and happy marriage, what would it be? Pack for your honeymoon ahead of time. 🙂 Also, take a moment for yourselves to absorb it all, because it’s one of the best days of your lives. And remember that love is a compromise.
- How did you feel about your flowers and working with Bella Flowers? Oh, the arrangements were stunning! The staff was incredibly professional and they worked with our budget and color scheme. It is a beautiful shop! They created just what we wanted and covered all bases. They were amazing!
Thank you for the wonderful compliments, Laura. We enjoyed working with you on your beautiful day and wish you the best!
Are you looking for the perfect wedding flower arrangements for your big day? Give Bella Flowers a call. We’ll help you create your perfect vision.