beautiful wedding flowers, bridal bouquet, Flowers, gorgeous wedding flowers, wedding bouquet, wedding day flowers, wedding flower centerpieces, wedding flowers, wedding gown, wedding table centerpieces
Aside from the beautiful bride, handsome groom and wedding party, what stands out most to guests at a memorable wedding? You guessed it. Gorgeous wedding flowers! Flowers can make your wedding day magical. From the bridal bouquet to the wedding table centerpieces, they can reflect your own unique vision and personality, and set the ambiance for your entire event.
Creating your flower vision can be very exciting and fun. Before approaching your florist, we recommend perusing magazines, Pinterest, wedding websites, etc… to get an idea of what you want. Once you’ve decided on your style, it’s time to consult with your florist. To help make your experience truly enjoyable, we’ve put together a few tips for you to consider:
- Cost – Wedding flowers usually run around 8-10% of your overall budget. Be sure to determine how much you want to spend before meeting with your florist. Then decide which flowers are a priority and which are a possibility. This will allow your florist to assist in creating your vision within your limits
- Dress – Your wedding bouquet is the finishing touch to your beautiful wedding gown. It should compliment but not overpower. An easy rule of thumb is the bigger the dress, the bigger the bouquet. A smaller bouquet will get lost in front of a grand wedding gown. An embellished gown should have a simpler style of flowers so as not to detract from you. A simple silhouette gown, portraying light and airy should be paired with a bridal bouquet having the same effect.
- Color scheme – Certain colors are known for going well with certain styles. However, nowadays many brides are choosing to cross the lines in this area. If you want to go with the traditional view, here are some pointers from the knot.
- Your personality – Are there certain flowers in your past that evoke special meaning for you or your partner? Don’t forget to include these.
- Season – Although you can find most floral varieties year round, local, in-season wedding flowers are more cost effective and often more durable.
With so many things to keep in mind, we recommend consulting with your florist at least 6 months prior to your wedding day. A florist’s first-hand knowledge and years of experience can prove extremely useful, ensuring you don’t overlook small but important details.
Bella Flowers can help you create the vision you have in mind for your special day. Give us a call. We’d love to help.